National Ovarian Cancer Coalition

National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
Click On Cure Ovarian Cancer to Donate in Support of Julie

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A year ago today...

A year ago today, my younger (by three years) sister Julie was diagnosed with Stage 3C Ovarian cancer. She is now a cancer survivor, and while we never know what tomorrow will bring, she is strong and healthy with few, if any, substantive side effects. She has been strong and positive, even through the tough times, and with G-d's help, will continue to be the wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend and family member that she would like to be.

A year ago today I decided to dedicate my 2011 triathlon and endurance event racing schedule raising money for the National Ovarian cancer Coalition, to raise money for  ovarian cancer research and to raise awareness of this insidious disease. To date we have raised about $31,000 - all from the generosity of family, friends, colleagues, and patients in my practice. The support and love shown to Julie (and me by proxy) has been so humbling and inspiring, that when the going gets tough in my races, I think about those that survived, those that didn't and those that supported to get me to the finish line. They truly motivate me to continue.

I have 3 more races left till the end of the year - a sprint triathlon Oct 30, a half iron distance trialthlon in Miami Nov 13 and a yet to be determined 10K in December. I'll try to keep all updated and in the know - so if you want to come watch or run, let me know.

And don't forget to donate at

http://tinyurl.com/3r63zp5


Thanks! Here's to another year of survivorship for Julie,  early detection and better yet a cure!

3 comments:

  1. Just checked in to your site. I like to keep track and saw that Julie is cancer free. I am so happy to read that news. Continued success and health in 2012. Happy racing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much delighted. To everyone reading this,i want to inform the public on how i got cured from stage 2 ovarian cancer by Dr Itua Herbal Medicines. i have been suffering from ovarian cancer, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor but no way out,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing Cancers, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was healed from Uterine Cancers and Brain Tumors by the good doctor, called Dr Itua. without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and i wrote him and and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me so i started using the medicine, after the period of three weeks given to me by Dr Itua i was completely cured nomore tumors on my body was found anymore. So dear viewer why living your life in therapist or chemo?contact him now on WhatsApp +2348149277967 he is able to cure the listed diseases:Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Pancreative Cancer,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Kidney cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,
    Intestinal cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Throat cancer,Ocd,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,

    ReplyDelete