National Ovarian Cancer Coalition

National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
Click On Cure Ovarian Cancer to Donate in Support of Julie

Sunday, January 30, 2011

GHS Fillie Trot 10K is in the Books

Yesterday morning I ran in the Grapevine High Fillie Trot 10K - it was a beautiful morning about 45 degrees and the sun was out, through a tree-lined, creek-lined and lake-lined path around Lake Grapevine.

There were the Grapevine High Drill team members (the Fillies) cheering us on and directing traffic to make sure that we went the right direction - very important if you want to post a good time.

But best of all was my high school classmate Mike Kerber, who came out to run the event as well, support of my fundraising and because he's a great guy. Especially impressive since it's tax season, Mike is a CPA, and they work so long and hard at this time of the year, that they rarely get a chance to do anything for fun until after April 15th. Mike ran a great race and met his time goal right on the money.

I had hoped to run the race in under an hour and I was successful doing that. In fact, I set a personal best of 53:30. That's 8:37/mile. For those of you that know me, they generally time me with a calendar, so that's blazing fast for me. And no, the course was not downhill all the way.

Thanks again to everyone that has supported us so far. Julie is responding well to her chemo, and is 3/4 of the way through it now. She continues to have a good attitude and is taking care of herself well.

Here's picture of Mike Kerber and me after the race:

Next up - the TMS Duathlon at TexasMotor Speedway on February 20th. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment